Over the past several decades, traditional x-rays have proved to be extremely helpful to both doctors and dentists in providing accurate diagnoses for the patients. However, many patients and medical professionals as well have worried about the radiation associated with traditional x-rays. But thanks to one of the most recent advancements in dental technology, radiation is much less of a concern than it used to be. Digital x-rays not only utilize much less radiation that traditional x-rays, they also provide immediate results that are displayed on a computer screen. Dr. Parma and his staff now routinely use digital x-rays for his San Antonio, TX, area patients.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Less exposure to radiation – Because digital imaging does not produce nearly as much radiation as traditional x-rays, patients are exposed to much lower doses of radiation.
- Clearer images – Digital images are much more clear and precise than film. This allows Dr. Parma to view detailed and precise images of his patients’ teeth and bones, which in turn enables him to identify problems in the very early stages.
- No waiting time – Digital images are immediate, reducing the amount of time that both the patient and the dental professionals have to wait to view the results.
- Reduces the need for re-taking x-rays – Because the digital images are so much clearer and more detailed than traditional x-rays, the chances of having to re-take a digital image are much less than with old-fashioned film.
- Easier for the patient to interpret – Dr. Parma can enhance digital images, making them easier to view for the patient, and allowing Dr. Parma to more clearly explain the need for his recommended treatment.
- Computerized patient records – Because digital images are stored on a computer, Dr. Parma and his staff are able to more quickly access the images, and it simplifies storage procedures for his office staff.
Contact Our San Antonio, TX, Office Today
To take advantage of all the latest dental technology utilized by Dr. Parma and his staff, contact our office today. We are proud to serve patients from throughout the San Antonio, TX, area, and we would be happy to welcome you to our patient family.